Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Next Step...

Brody and his cousins devouring courtesy cones from Arctic Circle!



So these past few days have been crazy...we've been packing up our house! Our good friend Scott found us 80 boxes to put everything in..so we've been going to town pack'n away! My mom and neighbor Kim have been real troopers...they've been helping me blitz it through each room...we've just about got every room packed in boxes...now we just have to move everything...I hope we didn't pack the boxes to heavy! I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave our actual house. There are so many memories that we've already made just in four short years! This is the house where we brought both our babies home...the same home where Brody took his first steps...where we had our first Christmas as a married couple... planted our first trees...where Jocelyn first smiled...Brody made his first friends...where he learned how to make a snowman! I think the hardest part about leaving...is losing our sweet neighbors...they've become kind of like a second family...especially during these hard times...So yes...it's tough leaving...but it's the next step...I've just got to remember to keep our eye on the goal...everyday is another step towards Independence as a family!

7 comments:

Elodie Petelo said...

Michelle,
I knew this sign was going to come up but I hate it:)... we are going to miss seeing you outside as we go on our little walks or bike rides! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help... we can help move boxes, clean, mow the lawn, watch your children, bring some food... you name it and we will do it. We love you!
Elodie and family!

Jessica Evans said...

Man i am so sad :( I can't believe you guys are actually moving...Well if you guys need anything let me know. I am going to miss you guys. You were my favorite young women leaders, and one of my best friends. I love your little family!
Love Ya Tons
-Jessica

Unknown said...

Michelle,
I can't believe you are moving. It almost made me cry to know that you are moving. I am just amazed with all the faith and how you have pressed forward. I have always looked up to you and your husband. Thanks for being such great people. I will always love you and miss you.
~ Hayley ~

Becky said...

Michelle,
We love you guys so much!!! It is hard to leave your first home. We miss ours, so many memories. But you are moving on to even more amazing things!!!
And don't forget us girlfriends. Amy will be in Kentucky, I am in Highland (and then Iowa) and Lori, Heather and Elisa in Springville. We are here for you! Let us know how we can help!!!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile

Hilary said...

Moving is not a fun thing to do. Especially when you have all of those fond memories and good friends around. I hope it all goes well for you guys and that you find your next stop in life just as fulfilling as that home has been!

Shambonies said...

oh i know what you mean i miss that neighborhood a lot but just remember that you will meet new people and the old people will always be there!! like me i am old but far away but still there!! and i still havent sent your package but soon i feel it comming i am the worst at taht sorry but il ove you and think you are great and brody is so cute and i want him!!

Norm and Frances said...

Michelle...you and your little family are amazing. I am so happy that things are "movin'on" for ya. We will all be an "ICU Family" of friends!!!

Love to you all!